Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Power of Books

The email that I continue to get regarding both my books TOTAL BLISS and WITH THIS RING is amazing. I get all kinds of reader email telling me stories about their own personal quest to find their prince charming.

I really get alot of email about Rose Hart the heroine of WITH THIS RING. Some of the emails bring tears to my eyes. I can't believe how much Rose's personality, physical appearance mirrors many of my readers.

I hadn't realized how much the words we authors write touch the lives of others. I guess that's part of the ministry of a writer. To tell the story that is so vivid that the reader relates.

How awesome is that. Can you think of a book that reminds you of a situation in your life or a person. Tell me your thoughts.

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Congrats, Sean! That's the beauty of a great book. It's timeless and it touches so many. Congrats on writing novels that touch readers so deeply. It's not an easy thing to do.

Gwyneth

Sean D. Young said...

G,
I really like your personality and if your writing is anything like it I'm sure you do the same thing.
It's so interesting that people remember me even though I haven't had a published book in 2 years.