Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Growing Up

It seems that when we are children/teenagers, we say "I can't wait until I'm grown, then I can do whatever I want to do."

I'm trying to teach my children that being an adult is not easy. We have so much responsibility and it seems that sometimes we don't know what to do about the situations that arise in our life.

I think the life they see on television gives them the misconception that it is all fun and games. Not I think we should enjoy our lives, but at the same time being a responsible adult is far more serious.

Depending and trusting in the Lord is a good foundation. I believe my children will grow up to be strong individuals who love God. I pray they take strength in knowing that God is able to do whatever it is they need him to do and beyond.

I appreciate God for that myself. (smile)

No comments: