Saturday, March 03, 2007

Standing For What's Right

Have you ever been in a serious situation where there were alot of other people involved, some bad and some good? Everyone knows what's happening is wrong, but nobody will stand or speak up for what is right?

I'm really not sure why, but more often than not, people are afraid to speak out for many different reasons. One, I think there are thoughts of what others will think of them that hinder them for doing so. But, at some point in our lives we just have to let go of what other people think. You can't control someone else's thoughts.

I have been in a situation like that many times myself. But, now I'm proud to be able to say that I've decided not to be silent, but to speak out for right.

In getting to this point, it takes a lot of prayer and seeking the Lord for guidance. My granny used to say, "Baby, let the Lord lead you, 'cause He's a mighty good leader." I'm a witness to that.

No comments: