Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Ramblings

I think being a music lover is a trait in my family. Every single one of my relatives love music, be it gospel, r&b, blues, jazz, rap, hip-hop, etc. We always
have music at every gathering. You can hear a song and it will take you back to a fond and sometimes even a painful memory. I think music can be healing and fun at the same time.

When I'm writing my stories, I use music to inspire me and the mood of my characters. For example in my WIP FROM THIS MOMENT, I chose the title
from the song FROM THIS MOMENT by Shania Twain. The words are so beautiful
and I felt it was a good fit for Ivy and Jonathan. Now, will the publisher(when
I find one) change the title? We'll see.

Anyway, I've decided to post each Friday some of my favorite songs. Now, that's alot
of music, but I hope you all enjoy them. And, please don't hesitate to post the titles of your favorites.

Several of my friends: Authors Bettye Griffin and Gwyneth Bolton
feature music on their blogs as well so don't forget to check
them out.

Here are my entries for today:

Atlantic Starr: One of my favorite groups.
Send For Me (I love, love, love this song)




Champaign - How 'Bout Us
My Uncle Jesse loved this group. He used to play this song all the time.


Have a wonderful and safe weekend. The holiday season is definitely underway. Take care.

No comments: