Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Buy Books for the Holidays
I've always bought books for people for Christmas and birthdays. If you have just started to read romance or introducing a reader to romantic fiction, here are my suggestions. I've started many people off on these authors. If they read these, I'm sure they'll be hooked.
1. Rochelle Alers - Hideaway Series - I believe she's up to book 14.
2. Brenda Jackson - Madaris Family (I loved the first 8 books and the novellas in Cupid's Heart and Trask and Felicia's Story)
3. Francis Ray - Heart of the Falcon is my favorite story.
4. Jacquelin Thomas - Her Ransom Family Series. She is also a wonderful Christian Ficiton Author.
5. Gwyneth Bolton - Hightower Family Series
These are just a few with series books as well as single titles. But there is a long list of AA authors that have wonderful books. You can check out my list on the links page of my website.
On Another Note...
I came across an interesting National Buy a Book by A Black Author and Give it to Somebody not black. The idea was posted on this blog by Careen Brice White Readers Meet Black Authors