Friday, January 16, 2009

Old School Friday

I've been asked numerous times what kind of music do I listen to when I'm writing?

It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. If I've re-read the chapter I'd written previously. I sometimes listen to alot of Luther Vandross, Atlantic Starr, Teddy Pendergrass and Marvin Gaye. I love R&B ballads and they help me use my imagination to set the tone or the mood of a chapter I'm writing. Sometimes I like it very quiet

In my WIP From This Moment, I had no idea that Ivy and Jonathan would connect on the level that they have. I really love this couple and believe that they love each other. My prayer is that the reader will see, believe and feel the same way I do.

Some of the songs that I've been playing while writing their story are:
The Other Side of The World - Luther Vandross
From This Moment - Shaina Twain
Promise Me - Luther Vandross
Come Get To This - Marvin Gaye
So Amazing - Luther Vandross
They'll Never Be - Switch
Come Share My Love - Mikki Howard

I'm coming to the end of the book and I'm excited about the outcome and pray my readers love it.
Here are my two picks for old school Friday.

Marvin Gaye - Get To This





Luther Vandross - Other Side of the World







Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: