Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

I pray that you had a wonderful holiday season. I know I did.

Well 2009 is here and we all get a new start of sorts. Really everyday that we wake up is a new opportunity for each of us. Anyway, I'm not one for new year's resolutions. I don't think bad of them, but I just think that we should strive to do better not just because it's a new year, but because we just need to.

I've heard some people say it's going to be fine in 2009. Well, if we don't put any effort into what we're striving to accomplish it won't.

There are areas in my life that I want to improve and I'm going to do my best to do just that. I would like to be more consistent with my writing. I love my stories, but can easily get discouraged when it comes to turning things in or stopping altogether when I get a rejection. I am going to try to keep moving forward when it comes to that.

I'm going to try to be a mother to a grown up son and a teenager. I've had to remind myself during this holiday season that my boys aren't little anymore. I'm accepting it. It's hard because they will always be my babies, but hey I'm still going to be mommy. That will never go away, but the way I treat them has to change.

Here's hoping that with prayer and hardwork 2009 will be fine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: